Expert computer scientist with diverse work experience, including programming, software development, and consulting. Extensive knowledge of software development cycle as well as proficiency in several programming languages. Dedicated to meeting customer requirements with innovative solutions that maximise efficiency and exceed capability targets. Consistently use in-depth knowledge of budgetary issues affecting development and implementation to create cost-effective solutions. Comfortable discussing technical issues and solutions with scientists and analysts as well as clients.
A detail oriented and hardworking professional with remarkable analytical, logical skills and expert in performing complex operations possessing 3 year experience as Computer Science Engineer. Excellent in developing various programs on different languages for existing software. Proficient in maintaining the computer system and existing software. Efficient in working at fast pace environment and excellent organizational and interpersonal organization. Excellent data analysis reporting skills using statistical methods and software.
Accomplished, skilled and knowledgeable computer science graduate with extensive knowledge of more than 5 years in programming and computer applications. Strong educational background and experience, seeking a challenging position in the software field for growth with the organization. Skilled in designing, programming and testing.
JOB ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES 1
- Implemented the MMR algorithm in Java for information retrieval and text summarization which is part of the Scout/Tipster project.
- Implemented the Table/Graphics extraction prototype system in Java.
- Programming Languages: BASIC, dBase II, COBOL, RBase 5000, Ada, SQL, JAVA, ASP.NET and C++.
- Operating systems: Windows, UNIX and LINUX.
- Applications and database systems: JBoss, Tomcat, Ingres and MYSQL.
- Platforms and Hardware: IBM-compatible AT&T PC and Microprocessors.
- Handled software projects by using languages like JAVA and C++.
- Worked with senior developers in designing and developing software tools.
- Attended training sessions on software programming.
- Assisted in software engineering projects as an active team member.
- Knowledge of Oracle, sql server, websphere, db2 and eclipse.
- Analyze client-specified problems to develop hardware and software solutions that fulfill operational requirements.
- Modify and test systems and networks to add functionality and improve workflow.
- Develop and modify system design procedures to meet updated quality and security standards.
- Assist internal and external customers to solve computer problems in a timely manner.
- Lead team of consultants, including assigning work and performing final testing.Serve as liaison between clients, developers, and programmers to facilitate expedient communication and efficient workflow.
JOB ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES 2
- Researched and implemented the Stock Ontology using LOOM reasoning system. Programmed in Perl and LISP.
- Proposed and realized the Trigger Pair Model for query refinement. Programmed in Perl and C++.
- Analyzed software and hardware to find solutions that meet client requirements.
- Consulted with clients to determine feasibility of computer programs and network plans.
- Authored evaluation summaries detailing project goals, timelines, milestones, budgetary targets, and implementation schedules.
- Managed team of senior programmers by delegating assignments, reviewing work, providing feedback, and correcting errors.
- Exceeded internal targets for budget and delivery timeline on 95 percent of projects.
- Performed final review of programs to improve efficiency, correct errors, and verify operational capability.
- Authored instructional manuals for customers as required for delivery and implementation of software packages.
- Interacted directly with customers during development to update order requirements, give feedback on testing procedures, and ensure final product met operational targets.
- Received Customer Service Provider of the Year award due to outstanding feedback from clients.
JOB ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES 3
- Used computer languages such as C++, JAVA to develop projects.
- Assistance to the technical Head for the projects.
- Designing new programs as per the requirements.
- Solving technical issues of the departments.
- Coordinating with the clients regarding their requirements.
- Monitoring & Troubleshooting of WAN Network connectivity for different airline’s HOSTS.
- Troubleshooting of LAN Connectivity issues on site.
- Hardware Troubleshooting of Different kind of Servers.
- Installation & Configuration of Lotus Notes for Clients.
Implementation of Application related Work orders assigned to our team.
- Inventory Management & keep track of Inventory.
- Monitoring of APCN & APH Routers used for Connectivity to different airline HOSTS.
- Monitoring & troubleshooting of different Airlines Application Software.
- Member of the final technical escalation team for web hosting data centre network events.
- Train the new interns about the systems & software languages used in the organization.
- Responsible for resolving issues that affect any customers' web site functionality.
- Handled the various responsibilities in the absence of the Director of Networking.
- Led corporate team in driving cost-reduction initiatives that resulted in $55,000 saved over one year through capital infusion and process automation.
- Provided exceptional support to managers and co-workers which increased overall efficiency by 31%.
- Introduced a user friendly electronic filing system which reduced file retrieval time by 20%.
- Provided backup support to other departments which was highly admired by the General Manager.
- Developed an automated network management system to meet corporate goals.
- Participation in Software Fest organized by ABC University.
- Won 2nd prize in the Presentation competition.
- Won several awards in various cultural events at school & college level.
- Won first prize in Project competition under at State Level.
- Won best student award in Higher Secondary Education.
- Analytical Skills
- Software Design
- Problem Solving
- Commercial Awareness
- Excellent in MS Office
- Proficient in C, Java, PHP and MYSQL.
- Versed in Macromedia, Bugzilla and Photoshop