Electrical Engineer with 5 years of experience working with companies in the electrical industry. Primarily focused on implementation of digital systems. Excellent interpersonal and communication abilities, and possess a wide range of technical skills. Enjoys being part of a team, as well as managing, motivating and training a productive team, and thrives in high pressure and challenging working environments.
Electrical Engineer with a comprehensive knowledge of designing, developing and maintaining electrical systems and components to required specifications, focusing on economy, safety, reliability, quality and sustainability. A consistent track record of successfully completing projects from the concept and detail of the design through to implementation, testing and handover. Having a comprehensive understanding of electrical health and safety regulations.
Solutions-oriented and analytical with history of success contributing to reliable, best-in-class Integrated Circuit (IC) design, sensor production, and sound quality-control procedures. Adept at readily gathering and translating complex requirements into viable solutions. Strong production background involving C# and proficiency with laboratory test and measurement tools. Cost-conscious, implement time saving measures to optimise production. Excel at collaborating across departments, coordinate with staff and managers to complete projects on time and within budget.
Recent BSEE graduate and EIT with experience as an electrical engineer intern for a major solar power solutions manufacturer. Possess the analytical abilities and technical skills necessary for engineering innovative designs and applications. Solid understanding of electrical engineering theory, industry-standard circuit design, testing tools and photo voltaic (PV) systems.
Dedicated, professional, and highly experienced electrical engineer who has been in the field for nearly 20 years. Proficient in a wide variety of engineering software. Excellent communication and time management skills. Reliable and strives to go above and beyond to deliver a project that meets and exceeds expectations of the client. Excellent team player.
JOB ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES 1
Working closely with civil engineers, architects, engineering technicians and IT staff to ensure projects are delivered on time and within budget. Responsible for estimating material, and labor costs, and project timescales.
- Identifying customer requirements, making models and prototypes of products.
- Using computer-assisted engineering and design software.
- Attending meetings on site.
- Conceived solution to improve high resolution analog measurements and increase production quality.
- Contributed to increased throughput by rapidly diagnosing and correcting issue that impacted baseline performance.
- Saved potentially thousands in production costs by identifying strategic improvements to product life cycle during the New Product Development (NPD) process.
- Triggered 2.3% increase in sensor reliability by developing testing validation procedures.
- Played key role in ensuring team efforts met—and often exceeded—all financial, performance, quality, and reliability goals.
- Perform engineering tasks using computer-assisted engineering methods and design software.
- Communicate with customers, other engineers, and other relevant parties to ensure current engineering projects are on task and to finalize details of upcoming projects.
- Coordinate the manufacture, installation, maintenance, and support of electrical engineering projects to ensure safety and compliance with customer requirements and local, state, and federal laws.
- Supervised a team of electrical engineers on multi-million dollar projects throughout the state.
- Preparation of Electrical procedures for installation test & commissioning.
- Reading electrical design specifications and technical drawings.
- Organizing routine servicing schedules.
- Making sure all electrical engineering projects are fit for purpose.
- Liaising with and monitoring third party contractors.
- Negotiating with suppliers and purchase items at optimum cost.
- Attending meetings, writing reports and giving presentations to managers and clients.
JOB ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES 2
- Responsible for all aspects of underground work including cable pulling, installing instruments & threaded rod; install CMS, trunking, tray, ladder rack, confine space entry, small power and lighting.
- Oversaw projects to assure they were completed on time and within the proper budget.
- Designed electrical systems meant to work in connection with natural lighting or in other ways to minimize the requirement of electrical energy.
- Developed project programs to secure new equipment and perform major repairs when necessary.
- Prepared technical drawings and topographical maps to ensure projects fit regulations and customers’ expectations.
- Trained and managed five employees, ensuring adherence to safety procedures and maintenance of high quality service standards expected by management.
- Diagnose malfunctioning systems, equipment, and electrical parts, via using test equipment to identify the cause of breakdown; fix the problems and connect wires to circuit breakers, transformers and other components within designated schedules.
JOB ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES 3
- Handling of electrical load as per requirement.
- Analysis of electrical consumption & consumed demand.
- Daily maintain the power consumption report.
- Inspected all electrical systems throughout the building to ensure efficiency and proper functioning.
- Led project teams delegating specific tasks to each engineer.
- Ordered supplies for the installation and/or maintenance of electrical equipment.
- Research the latest technology regarding electrical engineering as well as competitor systems and products.
- Weekly preparing the Formats of Preventive Maintenance.
- Install new electrical equipment and ensure it is running efficiently.
- Train employees on the use and function of electrical equipment.
- Meet with other engineers to discuss new possibilities and projects for the company.
- Maintain all electrical systems solving problems as they arise.
- Work with computer software to draft plans and diagrams for electrical systems.
- Worked under senior electrical engineers to design PV systems that converted sunlight into electricity.
- Equipped selected PV systems with uninterruptible power supply (UPS) capability, allowing customers to operate selected circuits for hours (or even days) during a utility power outage.
- Assisted in distributed system voltage performance analysis for high-level penetration photovoltaics, contributing to research study that will be used to optimize future PV systems.
- Conducted efficiency and price/watt comparisons on other solar power systems on the market to gather intelligence used for marketing campaigns.
- Wrote content for company blog to educate the public on the advantages of solar electric power.
- Submitted tenders for 15 contracts within 12 months, resulting in a successful contract with over 75%.
- Awarded ‘Top Achiever’ status above all other employees who joined through the company graduate scheme.
- Managed $ 200,000 to $ 500,000 budget projects and achieved project scheduled goals.
- Offered plans for enhancement in which children are encouraged to be engaged in the learning process in engineering field.
- Identified and utilized variety of learning materials, resources and technology methods [such as: Internet-learning, library, team learning] to support & improve the instructional environment.
- Provided exceptional support to managers and co-workers which increased overall efficiency by 30%.
- Achieved appreciation letter for arranging team meetings and publishing accurate minutes.
- Collaborated with other departments of company to centralize the customer database for easy retrieval of information.
- Coordinated team events and town hall activities at the best yet economical locations – saved expenses by 40%.
- Effective Planning
- Quality Engineering
- Target Oriented
- Electrical engineering design
- Fabrication and assembly drawings
- Budget estimates
- Wiring diagrams
- Detailed schematics
- Conceptual designs
- Technical documentation
- Material requisitions
- Decision Making
- Preparing Operation & Maintenance Manuals
- Building Services