Certified Nurse Aide who has extensive experience in a real hospital setting. Adept at maintaining vital sign information for patients creating a clean working environment in medical laboratories and keeping patients comfortable through communication and good nursing practices. Specializes in providing care for young children and the elderly caring for medical equipment and maintaining a reliable duty schedule.
Nurse with more than 6 years supervisory experience in an OR setting. Compassionate Hospice Case Manager experienced with providing direct in-home care to terminal patients. Effective Medical Assistant who adapts easily to changing environments and demands. Skilled Dermatology Medical Assistant with refined administrative and clinical capabilities. Professionally trained with experience ensuring high standards of culturally competent care for a wide variety of patients with diverse needs.
Energetic Medical Assistant with over 4 years experience operating X-ray, electrocardiogram and other diagnostic testing equipment. Nurse Case Manager with valid State RN License. Solid clinical, utilization review, and case management experience within a managed care environment. Nurse Practitioner with extensive experience providing care to at-risk youth in inpatient psychiatric hospital setting.
Bilingual Certified Nursing Assistant with over 3 years experience in tracheotomy care. Experienced Certified Nursing Assistant with good knowledge and understanding of development factors specific to adult and geriatric residents. Efficient Medical Assistant skilled in tackling administrative and patient-oriented tasks in a fast-paced medical office. Customer service oriented Medical Assistant skilled with greeting patients, scheduling appointments and preparing patient charts.
JOB ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES 1
- Took vital signs of newborns while assisting in NICU.
- Improved ED administration by compiling and analyzing data and identifying areas of improvement.
- Collected blood, tissue and other laboratory specimens and prepared them for lab testing.
- Developed and produced all office flyer notifications for important policy changes, office news and events.
- Performed monthly inventory and maintained office and medical supply counts.
- Performed vitals/glucose testing and assisted in administering injections and urinalysis.
- Skillfully performed suture removals for patients of all ages.
- Supervised ancillary staff of 10 on-call nurses.
- Ordered and read lab tests, x-rays, MRIs, Ultrasounds, and EKGs.
- Provided behavioral/emotional support and supervision for those with dementia and Alzheimer's.
- Managed caseload of 20 clients, providing education, treatments, IV therapy, venipuncture and wound care.
- Provided patient diagnoses under strict time constraints.
- Ensured safety and well-being of patients.
- Interviewed patients to obtain medical information, weight and height measurements and vital signs.
- Documented patient information obtained from interviews.
- Completed clinical rotations in Geriatrics.
- Administered medications and assisted in diagnostic testing for HIV-positive patients.
- Responsible for primary care, case management, and medication management.
- Assessed patients and documented their medical histories.
- Trained new staff on quality control procedures.
- Experience with various medical conditions including Parkinson's, Dementia, Diabetes, Cancer, Alzheimer's and Paget's disease.
- Routinely retracted patient throat cultures and prepared them for lab submission.
- Treated patients with strokes, head traumas, comas, and intracranial hematomas.
JOB ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES 2
- Implemented new floor assignments based on evaluation of staffing requirements.
- Created children's area in waiting room to make practice more family-friendly.
- Accurately documented all elements of nursing assessment, treatments, medications, discharge instructions, and follow-up care.
- Monitored fluid intake and output levels.
- Assisted patients with bathing, dressing, hygiene and grooming.
- Partnered with team of registered nurses to achieve overall well-being of all patients.
- Managed clinical oversight for 44-bed unit.
- Evaluated patient care needs, prioritized treatment, and maintained patient flow.
- Assisted doctors with surgeries and non-invasive procedures.
- Authorized drug refills and provided detailed prescription information to pharmacies.
- Implemented necessary changes based on evaluation of staffing requirements and floor assignments.
- Managed team of medical support personnel.
- Evaluated patients suffering from asthma, appendicitis and hernias.
- Initiated hospital-wide study to identify areas for process improvement.
- Took and recorded patients' temperature, pulse and blood pressure.
- Engaged patients with games, crafts, cooking, music, reading and other activities.
- Accurately recorded and reported test results according to established procedures.
- Performed basic physical assessments of newborns and infants.
- Assisted patients with daily functions.
- Provided patient education.
- Coordinated the review, revision and creation of Operational Policies within ER Department.
- Managed care for post-operative patients through discharge.
- Managed various general office duties such as answering multiple telephone lines, completing insurance forms and mailing monthly invoice statements to patients.
- Monitored unit budget to ensure financial objectives were met.
- Followed infection control procedures.
- Delivered in-home care to disabled children and adults.
- Transported patients to and from different departments.
- Completed all daily living tasks to enhance the quality of life of elderly patients.
- Helped residents with bathing, dressing, feeding, lifting and transferring.
JOB ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES 3
- Collaborated with physicians to plan and implement patient care.
- Provided support to families through education on procedures, regimens, prevention and care.
- Responsible for unit of 18 patients, providing daily functions such as grooming, bathing, feeding and turning in bed.
- Documented patient information obtained from intake interviews.
- Assisted physicians in focus studies of prenatal care.
- Headed onboarding process for new nursing staff.
- Prepared regular charts on patients' health related history, medication restrictions and allergies.
- Explained treatment procedures, medication risks, special diets and physician instructions to patients.
- Supervised multiple groups of nurses both in the ER and Oncology between the year 2010 and 2015.
- Devised individually placed care plans for patients of the nursing home keeping in mind individual patients’ needs.
- Assisted in closing a case as a lead forensic nurse by deciphering important evidence and providing it in court.
- Managed a particularly difficult emergency situation by employing quick action thereby saving an accident victim’s life.
- Introduced state of the art diagnostic procedures following acute care management standards.
- Saved life of a child utilizing effective treatment plans within limited resources in collaboration with the physician.
- Increased Workers’ motivation level by suggesting improved salary plans.
- Trained 10 new nurses.
- Led junior nurses in driving patient care initiatives that enhanced patient satisfaction.
- Improved support service and overall quality standards of the facility by 20%.
- Evaluated appropriateness of care plan and physician orders.
- Established good relationships with patients and families.
- Assessed physical and psychosocial status and the home environment of patients.
- Corresponded appropriate information to patients, peers, managers, and physicians – decreased communication gap by 40%.
- Developed and implemented a new patient care plan, increased patient confidence 35%.
- Developed new nursing standards which resulted in better quality of patient care.
- Improved support service level by 20%.
- Patient-Focused Care
- Policy & Program Development Expertise
- Patient Evaluation
- Medical Clinical Procedures
- Medical Laboratory Procedures Talent
- Critical Care Nursing
- Healthy Meal Preparation
- Minor Surgery Assistance Awareness
- Trained In Pre- And Post-Surgical Care
- Venipuncture/Blood Draw Expert
- X-Ray Development Technician
- Qualified In Patient Transport
- Diabetes & Stroke Patient Care
- Proper NG Tube Insertion/Removal
- BAC Screening/Drug Screen Collection Understanding
- Culturally Competent Care
- Hospice & Palliative Care Experience
- Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) Certification
- Diagnostic Tools Familiarity
- CPR Certification
- Tracheotomy Care Comprehension
- Registered Nurse - State of California
- TNCC - Trauma Nurse Core Course
- CPR certified through American Heart Association
- Home Health Aid Certified (HHA)
- Prehospital Trauma Life Support (PHTLS)
- Nitrous Oxide Administration Certification