Hard-working, detail-oriented telecommunications professional. Adept in reading instructions and carrying them out with little or no supervision. Skilled problem solver when issues seem to prevent progress from being made. Efficient while working as an individual as well as in a team setting. Aware of hazards to work safely even in the most demanding of environments.
Qualified Telecommunications Engineer with plenty of experience installing, commissioning and maintaining private branch exchanges. Familiar with the wiring technology required for telephony systems and ethernet installations. Training to programme systems on site by a wide range of manufacturers, flexible to work from a remote terminal to reprogramme systems remotely. A diligent worker with a careful eye for detail, allowing my wiring work to be error free once it is tested. Quick learner and keep up to date with all of the latest developments in the industry.
Telecommunication Engineer capable of explaining complicated telecommunications concepts to non-technical professionals. Performing well in fast paced, high pressure environments. Expertise in the development and implementation of voice and data equipment.Experienced in the design, configuration and maintenance of numerous telecom systems, hardware and software applications.Capable of providing high levels of technical and telecommunications engineering support.
Focused and diligent Telecommunication Engineer with broad experience in residential and corporate telecommunication system installation. Able to respond effectively and immediately to emergencies and other unusual situations. Highly skilled at coordination and integration of telecommunications with other facility engineering systems.
JOB ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES 1
- Worked with Sales and Support to provide post-sale deployment and installation for telecommunication services.
- Provided installation guidance and training for customer-based products that required additional steps to be taken by the purchaser.
- Managed and trained support teams of 5 individuals, increasing employee training completion rate by 60%.
- Chosen above 15 peers to act as station manager during supervisor's long term absence. Responsible for managing 4 shifts and day staff personnel, over 30 people total.
- Provided reliable, secure long haul network connectivity to the U.S. Pentagon, Joint Chiefs of Staff, Communications Agency, and other government agencies in support of national security.
- Developed policies, procedures, and oversaw site-wide maintenance, repair, service, calibration, and inventory of all equipment and parts, passing the Federal nuclear assurance inspection with zero deficiencies.
- Responsible for the management of encryption/decryption devices, and the appropriate handling and destruction of related COMSEC keys and materials.
- Responsible for installing and maintaining private branch exchanges (PABXs) in a variety of offices.
- Gained experience with PABX fault finding and reporting issues to the relevant network operator to resolve issues.
- Developed skills with detailed report writing for the maintenance director.
JOB ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES 2
- Responsible for providing on-site technical service and support for customers and installers.
- Supervised customer relations team of 35 employees to improve customer retention by 13 percent.
- Utilized Mu Dynamics SmartBits and Breaking Point Systems to perform telecom/network system tests.
- Gained experience installing wiring looms and working to circuit diagrams and schematics.
- Developed problem-solving skills including how to deal with tricky intermittent faults.
- Worked well in a team of three cable installers and later went on to work under my own supervision.
- Maintained and audited the company-wide CRM program.
- Advised Cable Television department of design issues within the engineering aspects of field-installed products.
- Installed, and maintained telephone systems and other voice communications systems including enhanced and unified voicemail systems.
- Performed moves, additions and changes of telecommunications services and equipment.
- Diagnosed trouble on T-1 circuits; ISDN/PRI, ISDN/BRI, E M TIE, DID, troubleshoot IP telephony issues.
- Troubleshoot VOIP and other converged technologies issues.
- Overseen site preparation activities including conduit, power, and signal cable runs.
- Integrated, installed, and tested complex telecommunications systems in accordance with applicable standards.
JOB ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES 3
- Developing MPEG encoder with scalability feature.
- Generated bit stream can be decoded up to 3 spatial resolutions depending bandwidth availability.
- Added RTP functionality to encoder using JRTP library.
- Streaming of live events.
- Installed timing and telemetry for site which was having problems.
- Installed and integrated wireless equipment and power supplies.
- Installed, maintained and upgraded cable systems.
- Designed and built the Linux based Asterisk VOIP PBX which provides plug and play telephone service to all remote range sites and mobile units. Advised management of improvements arising from customer feedback during post-sale installation and user-interaction experiences.
- Installed and serviced all types of telephone equipment at both corporate and regional offices.
- Performed jack installation, cross-connections, patch panel implementations and service work.
- Identified and resolved complex telecommunications problems for a variety of end users, and recommended and implemented corrective hardware solutions to meet established service levels.
- Assisted Technical Support staff with the installation and repair of PC network equipment.
- Maintained adequate inventory of replacement telephone equipment and spare parts for corporate and regional offices such as telephones, cable, and headsets.
- Documented instances of software and hardware failure, repair, installation, and removal, and other work requests.
- Won 1st prize in an Advertising event at T College.
- Awarded ‘Top Achiever’ status above all other employees who joined through the company graduate scheme.
- "Produced a range of 2D and 3D visualizations that led to the company winning the contract for a $1m Setup project."
- "Submitted tenders for 12 contracts within 12 months, resulting in a successful contract with over 65%".
- Managed projects of up to $40,000 and totaled about $350,000 in gross income during tenure.
- Managed a team of 3 engineers and 3 draftsmen in design of industrial telecom projects.
- Consulting on difficult engineering problems for more than 100 projects: offices, hotels, stadiums, apartment complexes and industrial buildings.
- Effective Planning
- Feasibility Studies
- IT Support
- Process Validation
- Preparing Operation & Maintenance Manuals
- Cloud Computing